Receives requests/inquiries from customers and provides information and price quotations to customers. Processes sales orders and returns and coordinates with other departments through to completion.
1. Receives requests by telephone, fax, email or mail for price quotations/verifications, purchase orders, government bids, and changes or cancellations directly from customers. Responds immediately to customer inquiries/information needs and provides positive, courteous service to customers; answers questions regarding product line, prices, delivery times, warranty periods, customer service.
2. Sets up accounts for outer stores for customers to enable online ordering.
3. Sends product literature, price catalogs, references and other data to customer as required.
4. Works with the Accounts Receivable to establish new accounts; assists customer in preparing and processing credit/financing paperwork.
5. Assists in handling the needs of Field Sales Representatives; works with Purchasing to expedite or insure timely delivery of scheduled shipments; maintains close liaison with other departments to carry order through to completion.
6. Prepares returned goods paperwork and provides customer goodwill.
7. Collection of monthly meter readings for service contract billing.
8. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
9. Catalog distribution.
10. Perform duties as necessary or as requested including, but not limited to the following:
A. Attend store meetings, participate in spring cleaning
B. Keep retail area clean and organized including the following:
- Checkout counter
- Copier Area
- Furniture Area
- Office Supply
- Clerk Workstations
C. Have good up-to-date knowledge of Ensite Pro/DDMS and all functions of Inventory, Purchase Order and Order Entry.
D. Keep up-to-date on new products.
E. Daily short-buy procedure when supervisor is gone.
8. Open mail.
9. Able to do returns of merchandise to all vendors.
10. Assist dispatch with calling for meter readings.
11. Responsible for reviewing and correcting any problems on the Open Pick Report, Open PO Report, Items without Bins and all other assigned weekly reports when supervisor is gone.
12. Maintains the soaring sales program.
13. Performs any other duties as necessary or requested
Reports directly to the Supply Manager.
Balance cash in POS drawer. Keep COD cash secure when supervisor is gone.
Well developed customer relations will be needed on a daily basis to interact with customers. Well developed interpersonal skills with co-workers will be required.
Computer, printer, fax machine, calculator, copy machine and postage machine.
Complete product line.
1. Required working hours are Monday-Friday, 8 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (as scheduled). Overtime as required.
2. Appropriate business attire as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
3. Comply with Employee Handbook and Safety Handbook.